Sunday, February 17, 2008

Emergency room

I’m on my way to a conference for a week so I will see if I can get Amy to update the Blog while I’m gone. My Mommy and Daddy are in town to help out while I'm gone.

Last Tuesday we spent another night in the emergency room. After the boys had gone to bed we were feeding Brandon and his heart began to race. The only way we would have known is because of the monitors. He seemed like everything else was OK. Just to double check we hooked up the second monitor, that we usually only use when he is sleeping, and it registered the same fast heart rate. We called the doctor and he suggested that we take him down to the emergency room.

Luckily my cousin and his wife live near by. We called and she came over and slept at our house so we could leave the boys asleep. We drove up to Salt Lake just in case they would need to admit him. The short story is that they ran a couple of tests. Watched him for a couple of hours and didn’t find anything wrong. The episode only lasted about a half hour (ending about the time we left for the hospital) and nothing like it has happened again. We will just have to watch him closely and hope it doesn’t happen again. The rough part for us is that I climbed into bed about 5:00 the next morning.

1 comment:

staci said...

I would say you guys truly understand sacrifice....sleep is hard to sacrifice when we need it to be sane!