Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Watching Their Weight

Brandon and Katelyn are still very small. Although I don't know exactly how big Brandon and Katelyn are - last time Brandon was weighed he was 15 lbs (about 3 weeks ago) and Katelyn is narrowing the gap. As I have been doing some shopping for them to have the fall/winter clothes they need I have had to laugh. They are wearing 6 month clothes now. I find that shopping forthem is kind of the opposite of shopping for myself. I hate to shop places where the sizes run small and I need to buy a bigger size to fit me. I would always rather be wearing a smaller size on the tag ( I know this is completely ridiculous, but true!) I do the opposite for the babies. I love Old Navy and Target's sizing because I can buy bigger sizes and the fit them. There is something very exciteing about them wearing a 6-12 months and having it fit well because it least it has their age on the tag.

Now that we are transitioning out of traditional baby food to more and more table foods, we have to find new ways to sneak in a few extra callories. Squeezable margarine can go in almost anything, although we don't usually use it in food that is not sweet. But we are adding heavy cream to the whole milk they are getting in a cup. We still add formula to any baby food they get and yogurt, applesauce, etc. Who would have ever thought you could do these kinds of things to keep a kid growing. Katelyn is still also on her appetite stimulant as well. We go in a few weeks to the doctor so we'll find out how much they are gaining then.

No comments: