Thursday, June 26, 2008

Two Weddings with a Funeral Director

That sounds like a good title for a movie. My uncle runs a mortuary. He was at both weddings. I just threw that in there because it made for a catchier title. Things have been very busy and it has been a long time since I posted anything. Let me start with the two weddings.

My cousin Tyler was recently married not to far from where we live. My parents and sister Staci where able to come for the wedding.


Blake and Derek before the wedding



Brandon at the reception


My niece Sienna at th wedding



Not long after my brother, Nathan, got married in Cabo San Lucas. Amy survived 5 days without me. This was no simple task. While I was gone the dishwasher quit working so she also managed to take care of that and all four kids. Here are some photos from Mexico:


Candind shot of Nathan and Dianna



View from out room in Cabo.


Kids playing in the rose petals.

The rehersal dinner


My sister Staci and her family after the wedding

4 of the 10 Grandkids - the ones who made it to Mexico





Baby Update:

Brandon has cut his first tooth (while I was gone). He continues to make progress with using his left arm and leg, however some days he seems to regress. Those days can be pretty discouraging. Overall he is doing well. One of the new activities we have been working on is teaching him to crawl up our stairs. Crawling on the stairs can be easier than on a flat floor but he learns the same movements. He really wants to move and he gets frustrated when he gets stuck on the floor and can’t get where he wants to be. Both Brandon and Katelyn have been pretty sick. Brandon’s oxygen needs went way up. He even had to use oxygen during the day. However, he is down tonight and I haven’t heard the alarm for a while.


Katelyn’s new trick is clapping. (It looks like I need to work on getting some video up.) We also took her in today to get more shots for her lip. It is getting much better. I really hope it continues to improve at the same rate. Katelyn’s biggest challenge has still been growing. Niether Brandon or Katelyn are growing like they should but poor little Katelyn seems to have the most trouble. We have been doing everything we can. One problem is that she often throws her food up. Because she has been sick lately it has only gotten worse. Amy took her to the pediatric gastroenterologist last week. We have changed formulas and we are trying a bunch of different approaches. One problem is that this new formula is crazy expensive. and has to be ordered by the case.



Our good friends the Pope's came to visit. We had a lot of fun spending time with them. Here are a couple of photos:

No comments: