Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Our "plan" is really a goal

I have learned in the last couple of days is that our "home by Christmas plan" is really just a goal. Brandon has been off and on for his feedings but even more troublesome is that he isn’t doing well with his morphine wean. He is getting pretty irritable and not eating well. They may have to go slower than we had hoped. It’s only been a couple of days but it certainly makes me doubt if he will be home for Christmas. Amy and I have also suspected that the morphine has a big effect on his willingness to eat. We keep hoping that once he is off of the morphine his eating will improve.

I finally tricked Katelyn into taking a whole bottle. It has been a while since she has been willing to eat much from a bottle but she has been eating a lot when she is nursed. This morning I was trying the bottle without much luck. Amy was feeding Brandon so she didn’t have many options. She still resisted and finally fell asleep. She stirred about a half hour later and I tried again. She wasn’t fully awake so I don’t think she noticed it was actually a bottle. She sucked the whole thing down in a couple of minutes.

We slipped Katelyn into the hallway at UVRMC the other night to get some photos.

No comments: